When I came home last thursday night I was thinking to myself: "Why haven't I bothered making a game for the PGD Challenge?"
I ended up deciding to see what kind of game I could create in three days and this is the result.

The game (couldn't be bothered giving it a name) is a basic top-down shooter. There are different kind of enemies you'll have to kill or avoid. The goal of the game is to collect 11 different coloured keys and remove the 11 locks spread out on 3 different maps. Pretty simple.

The game is up on the ftp or can be downloaded from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/920760/pstudio.zip

screen1.jpg screen2.jpg

The game is written with Oxygene for Java (and uses Slick) but it depends on a few DLLs. The dll are included in the package but if you're using OSx or Linux you'll have to resolve the dependencies yourself.

While the game is playable it clearly lacks game balancing. I actually uploaded the final entry before testing if the game could be finished (it can be). But in the end I think the game's alright for a couple of days intense work