Thread: Google summary for PGD

Google summary for PGD

Cytotec & other drugs...

Looks like the google summary was hacked/fooled/tricked somehow.
    You can fix that via google webmaster tools, should probably be fixed ASAP :-/
    (but only website owner can do that, you need to place a special file to demonstrate you own the website)

I'm afraid it won't help since our site does contain Cytotec & other drugs comercial from time to time. I don't know why it is visible only ocasionaly and why only for unloged users. I do suspect that one of the GoDaddy-s servers wich is serving our site might have been hacked. I tried to trace the infected server IP but till now I had no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    I'm afraid it won't help since our site does sell Cytotec & other drugs from time to time.
    This is how your post reads from a quick look.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    I'm afraid it won't help since our site does contain [...]
    It doesn't help that the website doesn't have any of the metas properly defined for SEO, the description meta contains just "home" f.i., which means the search crawler will figure out the summary on its own, leaving the site open to such hijacking...

Filling up the meta description/kewords, and setting up a sitemap.xml could go a great way towards reducing that vulnerability.

FWIW, 97 other websites resolved to the same IP as PGD, so setting up the relevant account in google webmaster tools would help too (the crawler bot would then be able to validate it is seeing the relevant website, even if the host DNS messes up)

Blog Entries
    I'm going to talk with Christina about this. I'm getting tired of having this blemish on my site, but as much as I am running the site myself primarily, I'm not a web/networking expert. The kicker is that I just don't know enough about this crap and lack the time to get all deep into it right now.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder