Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: malware detected

malware detected

Today my chrome browser began coming up with this message.

--------------------------------
    Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
    www.pascalgamedevelopment.com contains content from frina.in, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified frina.in that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on frina.in, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

-----------------------
    Anyone else getting this?
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

yep i had something similar, but comodo blocked an exe trying to be downloaded and executed from temp directory when opening this site.
    Download the Ziron Assembler
    Get free hosting for Ziron related fan-sites and Ziron projects, contact me in private message.

Same here. Interesting thing is it came up after about 5 min. reading new posts ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Any response from sysops?
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can you provide a few more details regarding the pages this issue occurred on please?

I'll have a quick look around and see if I can see anything.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Yeah this message started to come up constantly here with Google Chrome. Every time i open a forum thread in new tab it shows the big red malware detected page first.

Blog Entries
    Don't worry about providing more information. I found the culprit and have removed it.

If there are any further problems, please let us know.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Great response everyone! I just found out this morning, but my own internet went down just as I was reading and couldn't attend to it myself. Thankfully Athena kicked it's butt and we are now "as safe as houses" as I'm sure many of her fellow countrymen/women would say.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi View Post
    Don't worry about providing more information. I found the culprit and have removed it.
    Can you be more specific on this please?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Can you be more specific on this please?
    I can. Basically, an admin account was compromised and it was used to modify the templates to include a DIV containing an IFRAME that loaded from the site specified above. Removing this from the templates was easy (quick search and destroy) and then it was just a case of identifying the account and sorting that out. The account itself appears to have been the very first admin account that was setup when PGD was first born many years ago. It's been migrated from forum to forum. Neither WILL or I use it, ever, so I guess we'd forgotten about it. It has had it's password reset and it's undergone a permanent demotion to regular user.

It wasn't a script based exploit that I'm aware of. I think it was a password hack job on something that is quite obviously an admin account.

Anyhow, if we get any more similar occurrences, let WILL or I know and we'll get it sorted ASAP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast