Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Lightning

Smile Dynamic Lightning

Hope you like the Delphi / OpenGL oldschool example!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks pretty, not that there is very much to see with all that darkness! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Looks pretty, not that there is very much to see with all that darkness! LOL
    For me it looked nice for a simple example. As for the darkness, it's not that dark, and the underlying textured quad is visible even when not under direct light.

It might be because I turned down the brightness on my 30" monitor here at work - it was too bright for working the whole day LOL

Are you sure that there are any lights? Because here it looked like a simple quad with static ambient light.

Really nice. Remembers the oldschool Assembly demo parties.
    The source is a good example for using directional lighting.
    Using Freepascal would allow some multiplatformity.

cool work !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Something's not kosher with how it works here -- after about 3 seconds the cursor appears over the animation as a hourglass, then windows complains about it not responding WHILE it's still running. Taking a guess I'd say the 'while' without a proper wm handler could have something to do with it. GetAsync is cute, it's not a substitute for actually calling windows for input handling.

since last I checked, that's just a waste of time. Likewise there's no reason to set the clear color or matrix mode on every loop.

Still VERY cool demo of openGL lighting.

-- edit -- doh, my bad on the push/popmatrix, removed that part. What I get for posting at 4AM.
    Last edited by deathshadow; 11-06-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    The accessibility of a website from time to time must be refreshed with the blood of designers and owners. It is its natural manure

Oh, and lighting is not showing up here on high end cards (like my GTX 560ti) because you declare the glLight settings before you've set up the perspective and viewport properly. Works ok on my GMA 950 netbook, and on my Quadro NVS 320 equipped lappy, but my desktop? No lighting.

I'm working on porting this to FPC right now -- using my OpenGL kind-of framework.
    The accessibility of a website from time to time must be refreshed with the blood of designers and owners. It is its natural manure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast