Well I think by "open", they meant the hardware could easily be "hacked" as in come up with new hardware and learn more about the software yourselves. The storefront will most likely be a bit more solid and secure than that, but unlike Nintendo and other console companies they are opening things up in a more positive way than the big companies have.

I think with places like Kickstarter and the huge reaction to things like Minecraft that this kind of openness will bring more positive hacking and an better era of creativity than the poor reactions to the rise of companies like Microsoft and Apple who have brought this culture of "us versus them" mentality. I think the OUYA will do better in that regard. But just like on the computer, if someone is going to go through the trouble of cracking your game or going out there to find it for free, then they weren't going to buy it anyways.

All that aside, the OUYA people have said that they will be pushing proper security for developers to ensure that all their info and transactions are secure. You may end up only being able to shove pirated Android apps on there.

Of course they might have meant that they only want you to hack and tinker with the dev console version. lol Not 100% sure there.

I do know that big titles are heading to this console. Square-Enix is putting FF3 on there, The Last Of Us developers is making an exclusive title. Mojang expressed interest in putting Minecraft on there. and so on... Here is a list of all the confirmed games coming out for the OUYA: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...ng-to-the-OUYA

You may note that Subject 33 by Red Ant Games is on there too.