There't not much fundamental difference in those languages (although I like pascal better myself) , I was only referring to the fact that most Pascal beginners don't seem to get over the wrapper stage, wich is fine of course but in the end that can not grow into professional game dev.
I don't think I agree. If you want to work with a games company then you should use c++. But how many people in the world are going to get a programming job for a commercial game company? Not very many. So where are most jobs going to be for programming, not with games. If you want to program the latest and greatest games it is prbably much easier to work in c++.

I am lucky I have a job that allows me to write games and other multimedia programs. We have recently switched from DelphiX to Omega. We have 2d and 3d games and game like environments. Wrappers are fine, there is no need for direct api type stuff.

One of the programmers on our team has made his own engine that allows both 2d and 3d games. So he knows most about directx programming in our team.

Success is not whether you use a wrapper or not or whether you use c++ or delphi. It is the end result. How good is your software. Do users find it enjoyable to use. They don't much care what it was written in and if the code was super duper. The software we write at work is used by 8,000 children every week in centres all over the place.