Quote Originally Posted by cairnswm
3 Authors = 3 Books

Noeska - Sound
William - 2D
WILL - 3D
I would not be able to write anyone a book on 3D. In fact if you intend for us here in the PGD community to write a book it might be best, as you suggest, for us all to write one huge super book for Novices. [size=9px](Though I would like to see more advanced books being put out there using the Pascal language.)[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by cairnswm
I'm happy to add sound to my book though
Well if multiple authors are contributing then we should have enough coverage of many topics and categorize them accordingly.

Though with that, we have to be able to say "No" to a chapter if it's not what we are looking for of not up to the programmer level we require. A beginner book would be a waste of our time. There is enough materials out there(and here for that matter) for that and I would not want to work on such a project. Besides I think that online tutorials and items from within our 'Library' will be pleanty to click through to find what those beginners want. We need to start catering to Novice and Advanced users that want to use their skills in new ways. There is a strong lack of materials for these more experienced Pascal types to progress with and learn, grow and develop from. And thats the whole point of being a programmer, right?

Now if I did contribute to the project that cairnswm is wanting to get off the ground(I was only trying to stimulate the idea amoung all of you guys ) I would not be able to write anything much beyond helping to edit or proof-read(which I believe are quite important aswell). I just have way too many projects on my plate(one of those being the designing of the new PGD site) and a full time job in the military aswell.

Sorry to those of you wanting to help write a beginner book, but there needs to be a higher progression scale amoung Pascal programmers. On the bright side, you have something to aspire to after you have covered enough of the basics(more so than what you will have now). And if you are still fixed on writting a beginner book maybe you can convince the good Mr. Cairns to have a 2nd book poject going with a beginner book along with the seperate Novice book that is being written?