Thread: Lazarus 1.0 released

Lazarus 1.0 released

Since I can't post in the news board, I decided to post it here, sorry, guys.
    The whole story: http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=18019
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

They are definitely kidding... broken hints in GTK(and this make some problems to using IDE), a lot of things for debugging are missing and so on... 1.0 is way too far.

Actually, I think they should have started to use 1.x version naming long time ago as 0.9.x seems to imply an incomplete product.

I haven't updated Lazarus on my Linux installation since version 0.9.30.4 and it is quite unstable. Just trying to change edit font to something other than magic default value ("-misc -dejavu sans mono...*-*...etc") even by using its own selection dialog breaks it for good. I really hope they have fixed this issue as seeing tiny text on my high-resolution screen really messes up my eyes. Also, after certain number of compiles and Ctrl + Clicks, text edit cursor disappears and you have to restart.

On Mac OS I've been using 1.0 RC2 version and it was rock solid so far, even debugger works to an extent.

I have compiled lazarus 1.1 for linux and it is a huge leap from 0.9.30.2 which I was using before. It doesn't crash, doesn't freeze every few minutes, code explorer works properly, just excellent.

I have tested Lazarus 1.0 on Linux and it has been pretty solid so far, except for some occasional debugger crashes which mostly occur when there is an access violation in your code, or when you try to initialize GLX with a wrong X-window ID.

I have been using Lazarus from SVN for well over year, on win32. It does feel stable and bugfree for me at least. I don't remember when it would have crashed or done something weird last time... must be many many months ago. If you constantly keep running and crashing your app though, expect bad things to happen some point Debugger is 3rd party software, not in any way modified by Lazarus team. But still, it should be able to handle alot of SIGSEGV's.