Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
Well, there's always Apple Store for Macs and iOS, and Google Play for Android, so if competition entry appears there, it would be easy installing it. On the other hand, doing so might require quite an effort and specifically regarding iOS might require payment.
To get your games onto the Mac App Store and the iTunes App Store, you'll need to pay an annual fee of $99 each. (totally worth it if you plan on going commercial with your games!) I currently am registered as an iOS developer, but not a Mac App Store developer. The biggest issue with submitting a game to these is not only the cost, but the time it takes for Apple to get to your game with it's approval process. I'm not knocking the approval process (I've not put a single trogan or malware app on my iPad or iPhone to date!) but it does make for a slow submission time-frame. And it varies in length of time.

That's the only reason I'd not try a mobile competition with iOS at this time. Then again maybe if there was a year-long event or challenge I could come up with something including iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
Then the game development competition will become visual demo competition. You won't have opportunity to actually "feel" or "measure" the actual ingame experience, the gameplay, fun factor, etc. Video is not gameplay.
Well the results of that side-portion of the challenge rating, would reflect only the "looks" of what everyone submitted, yes. There are a lot of competitions that go for this however. NecroSOFT and Dirk Nordhusen would often push visuals no matter what they released so this could just be a side thing to offer up a "something for everyone" solution. It would not be the "official" scores of the challenge competition though. Just a side rating that PGD members all could have a say in.