Since I've just seen this thread I guess I'll come with my answer to your first question.

First I will simply say that I really like the Oxygene Pascal flavour. Remobjects has added some nice enhancements to the old language.
Secondly I was really impressed by how I could use preexisting libraries with pretty much no problems (this includes .NET and Java libraries). To be honest, I probably wouldn't choose Oxygene, if I only had to write a .NET program. In that case I would be fine with C#. But for Java programs I would seriously think about using Oxygene instead of regular Java.
I've never been too hot on Java despite using it a lot in school. For instance I just despise it when a class has like 20+ getter and setter methods. It really makes the code uglier and harder to read in my oppinion. That's why I really enjoyd how Oxygene translates get/set methods into properties when you use external libraries. I love how I can translate some Java code into Oxygene and see how the code is easier to read and comprehend.

However I haven't really used Oxygene much lately. This is simply due to me being busy with a game project and school life. However I will consider using Oxygene when I have to write a school project in November. However this depends on whether I'm working alone and if it is okay to use a proprietary programming language. But I would take Oxygen for Java over regluar Java any day. And I'll definitly use Oxygene for the next compo if I have the time.
In the end I will say my experiences with Oxygene has been positive, and I'm amazed how much I like it know compared to the fact that I hardly knew anything about it half a year ago