Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GBA + FPC = Possiblility???

Blog Entries

GBA + FPC = Possiblility???

Legolas: This is a good idea. In fact wel collectively should apprach FPK and tell him we would like targetting for GBA in FPC to be official and we will maintain it, if he give us the proper support to do so. I have done a ton of research and work [size=9px](for a guy that doesn't know GNU tools or assemblers/linkers in the first place -- Just ask 'em, the usual people there, fpcfan,fpk,Synopsis,etc they all seen me messaging like mad about it on #fpc)[/size] and if you guys can put in as much as this towards adding support, I'm sure that bit by bit we'll have a semi-functional (ready for an rtl and other GBA hardware device units) compile/assemble/link capability added to Free Pascal. Adding a section to the FPCWiki would be a great start to this effort to make it official aswell (cuz, FPK said so ).

noeska: I managed to assemble crt0.s into ct0.o only at this point. I sadly don't know how to link anything yet. I have been working on getting something to compile to have crt0.o linked to it as a test run.

HERE is the package that contains the binutils I put together [size=9px](got it from the GNUARM.org site)[/size]

THESE are the modified FPC source files and a readme to tell you where to place them. This will bring all of you guys up to par with how far I have gone with this. Once you have FPC's 1.9.6 January Source compiled [size=9px](You must use GNU Make to build it!)[/size] using my new modifications we will all be able to work collectively on a solution.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Ok, seems that we have the same result
    I talked about a rtl because I have a "can't find unit System" in compile time
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Same here, I'll message FPK or Synopsis soon and ask what is going on there.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

So guys, any news

There's an excllent article about pitching to publisher over at gamasutra - http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20...mante_01.shtml and one of the points it states is to start off with a small GBA title, as they are lower budget, need less art resources etc.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

No news here
    Now that ver 2.0 is out, maybe FPK & Co. could have some spare time to put their hands on rtl, don't you think so?

Blog Entries

Well considering that FPK is currently working with the CrossFPC team closely it is possible that we could use that to work in some kind of compatability with GBA targeting.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Some times ago I proposed to make a team for debugging-mantaining purpose. Maybe making it official (and affiliated to pgd, of course ) could induce fpc team to do an effort in order to make a gba porting...
    I would want to propose a sort of "petition" (maybe a poll?) to see how many people are available to eventually join this team or, at least, how many are interested in a fpc-gba porting.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678