I'd have to agree with Lightning on the idea that the perverbial wheel need not be reinvented. Lazaraus has great potential and so far [size=9px](with a few peives of mine, that are a bit picky)[/size] installs 'ok' as a win32 app. And compiles quite well, that I have seen. With any good tool though, it only comes with hard work and great amount of work. Especially an opensource or indie-based project like Lazarus, Free Pascal and even Linux it's self [size=9px](at one time it was...)[/size].

Saying that. It needs a lot of work! And a lot more people testing it out and possibly some minor to major modifications to appeal to the majority of Pascal programmers. I can pick it apart right here, but I'd be getting way off topic [size=9px](and besides the point)[/size].

Sadly most of the programmers that had gotten into game programming when DelphiX had made it all the more popular by adding an extra boost as it did. After it got abandoned, all of these DirectX suites came out and people got SO focused on trying to make their own and ultimately all trying to do the same thing and all that lost time on projects that could have been spent on other moer practical endevours. I'd not like to see that happen hereas we have so many directions the Pascal game scene can go from here.

Getting back to the original topic; The way it's looking these are our solutions to the hightening fall of the great and mighty Borland. Who is only showing us time and time again that it can make great products, only to lead them into the shit-pile not too long after it starts to see the fruits of their success.

cairnswm: I have tried it on Debian[size=9px](Woody)[/size] and couldn't understand the installation instructions well enough to install it fully. Documentation is sorely addressed for the Debian distribution and I was directed to the Lazarus Wiki Manual when I had mentioned it on the forums. Unfortunately I don't have it installed on my system now, but I have VMWare and can make an installation when I get the time.