Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Dog Fight Competition

PGD Dog Fight Competition

Holy $h1t!! This is a serious prize, ppl!

Edit: P.S. What kind of license is provided with the prize? (I've heard there are academic licenses that are worthless compared to the regular commercial license)

My understanding is that this will be a the full version of Delphi 2005 Architect edition, with no restrictions, which in the US is worth about $3000.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Sweet.... Might change my mind about entering Guns-Reloaded then

Hi.

I have yet another question related to "what is qualified as dogfight game ?".

Namely, without giving any technical details, I have an idea of a duel between the wolf and the hunter. Player always plays the wolf, and hunter is always AI.
    So I have 2 opponents trying to kill each other. But they both "fight" in a different manner. Does this kind of game qualify as a dogfight game ?

P.S. If answer to my question is "yes", you can inc() that CounterOfPeopleThatParticipate, as I will surely try to do it. Actually, If the answer is "no", I will probably think of something different and participate anyway.

Hi michalis,
    Welcome to our forums. To answer your question, Yes I think the fight between a wolf and hunter would qualify as a dog fight game.

Look forward to seeing your entry.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

I was wondering how everyone is doing as we're nearly a month away now. Any screenshots to show, a demo perhaps?

I wish I could say the latter myself, but I can't yet. But, as I do not want to come entirely emptyhanded, here's a shot of a new fighter I've been working on.

Still needs lots of work in the texturing department, but moddeling is pretty much done (although I'm thinking about redoing the cockpit).

Anyway,... I'm dying to see what everybody else's working on, so let's see those screenies!

Nice model. How many polygons in that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Nice model. How many polygons in that thing?
    Thanks! It's a high polygon model. The base model has about 6500 polygons, subdivided about 30k.
    It was not intended as a 3d game model hence the large amount.

Although I don't like to post stuff of a contest work before the contest is over, here you've got two current screenshots of my entry (click on them for bigger versions) :

(Hint : Look at the radar on the second shot, maybe you'll recognize the landscape )

The game is coming along nice, and everything is already working. As of now, you play splitscreen only (you can switch to only one player view, but that's for debug purposes only) and your goal is to kill the other player (if I get the time, I also want to implement other game modes). Graphics need to be spiced up a bit (I plan on doing some vegetation on the terrain), and I also need to find useable sounds and music for the game.

As a little bonus, the game will also include an HTML-File that contains some stuff about the developement history of my entry, with screenshots that I made chronolically, so you can see how the game advanced.

So I hope that other people get over their shadows (I know it's hard to give out stuff during a competition) and also post some WIP-Screenshots of their projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Willems
    Look at the radar on the second shot, maybe you'll recognize the landscape
    LOL

It looks quite impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Willems
    Although I don't like to post stuff of a contest work before the contest is over, here you've got two current screenshots of my entry
    Well, there are two options. Either people think they'll never stand a chance and quit, or they are even more motivated to finish/improve their game.

In my case its the latter :twisted:

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast