Thread: G.T.A.2 Map Editor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Whoah.
    Last post from 2014. Time passes quickly.

Was lurking around here, searching for OpenAL Delphi stuff.
    Im still working on it.

I have bunch of versions on my hdd's and dvd's.
    There are few things added to editor. I dont work on this thing full time.
    Sometimes i get tired of all the programming stuff and i need to do something else.
    Now i picked it up again.

Dunno when it happened but i figured out the camera rotation problems with mouse and kbd movement.
    All this now works ok.
    There are animated tiles also. Although the editing of animations is not working atm.
    My primary point was to make tile animations work and they do work at the same framerate as GTA2 ones.
    There are some more animated things needed, like power pickups, weapons etc... First i must draw them and then animate.

Also some lighting work is done, my primary purpose of the editor is to make it compatible with WIN95 so no shaders for lighting.
    Why?? Because i love old op. systems, WIN95 is cool. Love sitting in there.

I managed to figure out how to get like 60 built in OpenGL lights on screen at once and enable and disable them/change their properties.
    But usually maximum i need on screen at once is something like 10-15, usually less.
    So i can say that the lighting is okay.

I have a code where i added a ped to the city and i can walk around the city.
    Collision detection only works on right side of the buildings, have been lazy to implement more.
    This is my way of doing things. It motivates me to see "half" working thing and then i can always finish it later.
    For me half working thing is more motivating..

Now i mess with OpenAL delphi wrapper and trying to add some sounds to map.
    They are "scripted into game", i will not parse scripts atm but i add some sounds by hardcoding (taking data from script).
    Like birds on the trees or tower clock ticking.

I want to test 3D sound. So if i walk away from clock then the ticking fades away..

There are no new videos currently.
    Im just working on different things and trying them out.

I have idea to actually rewrite it from scratch, using modern Delphi ((10.3 atm), generics etc..), also latest OpenGL with shaders and VBO.
    So i can render whole city with 60FPS etc etc.

Will see..
    Last edited by hwnd; 16-02-2019 at 04:15 PM.