Thread: Castle Game Engine 4.0.0 released

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Yeah this does look great. So is this a "serious" game project in the works or just a demo for the Castle engine?
    You mean the game visible in the video, with knights? That's just a demo of the engine (examples/fps_game/ in sources), not a start of a real game.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    I don't think I've seen much in the way of a game with your engine since "The Castle" way back in 2005.
    Indeed. It's a shame, but I didn't manage to do any real (larger, somewhat finished) game since the old "The Castle". Although "The Castle" got quite a few updates since 2005, like "DOOM E1M1" level and some technological demos (like the "Fountain" level).

I was working a lot on the engine and there was never enough time to make a real finished game. There are some game attemps in engine examples, besides examples/fps_game/ there is also examples/fixed_camera_game/ (video from it on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daIrz3ehN_I ) and even simple 2D isometric game (examples/isometric_game/ ). But nothing that can be considered a real game for actual players.

I do hope to fix it this year Now that I have an engine I can be proud of, a real game using it should be done
    Last edited by WILL; 31-01-2013 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Post video right into your post with the 'Insert Video' button in the editor. :)