Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: voxel game

Sorry, my two cents (being off-topic): best voxel based game ever was Outcast.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

update lately I was mostly working on multiplayer, taking a short break I've finally added bitmap fonts and console log in game window

looks pretty good.

Does it have support for 3D models? I have a few ideas for voxel based games.
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    looks pretty good.
    Does it have support for 3D models? I have a few ideas for voxel based games.
    no support for 3d models, maybe later. if there's later. unreal engine 4 release made me wonder if it makes any sense to work further on this..

Quote Originally Posted by laggyluk View Post
    (...) unreal engine 4 release made me wonder if it makes any sense to work further on this..
    Aren't you doing it just for fun?

Anyway, I didn't like those last generation game engines out there. I think a game must look like a game, not like reality. I know, I can use a modern engine and make it look like a game, but then I should drop off a lot of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Aren't you doing it just for fun?

Anyway, I didn't like those last generation game engines out there. I think a game must look like a game, not like reality. I know, I can use a modern engine and make it look like a game, but then I should drop off a lot of the engine.
    yeah but after so much work I only have a half assed engine, I could make a game in this time instead. at least now I know how 3d works.
    anyways, I'm making the source public. if anyone is interested can take a look:
    https://bitbucket.org/laggyluk/planet-blox.git

Shame to see the project dropped, cool to have to source. I'll give it a closer look once my exam session is over.

I should take a look too. May be we can do something with it.

in current state it makes more sense just to use it as an voxel levels editor I guess

Cool

I'm in complete awe with this work o.O

I hope this will not fade away, the tiny Pascal community that we are, need this sort of tool. And these so called "next gen" engine mustn't prevent us to create our own tools, especially since they don't support Delphi and FreePascal/Lazarus. UE4 is for C++, so no thanks, added with the fact that "realistic" 3d require professional level skills out of range of most of the indie and open source worlds. Too much art for so little gameplay content these years...

Btw thanks to make the source public!
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast