Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: voxel game

Quote Originally Posted by laggyluk View Post
    in current state it makes more sense just to use it as an voxel levels editor I guess
    Then, I should look at the file format.
    No signature provided yet.

Source located here:

https://github.com/laggyluk/brick_engine

I dont know why the forum/browser forces this to be a link and with %uFEFF suffix. Copy by hand to browser.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 20-05-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by Thyandyr View Post
    I dont know why the forum/browser forces this to be a link and with %uFEFF suffix. Copy by hand to browser.
    I fixed the link. It should work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyandyr View Post
    Source located here:

https://github.com/laggyluk/brick_engine

Thanks for sharing!

I see you included Windows DLL files. I can't test it now, do you know if it works on Linux?
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

I see you included Windows DLL files. I can't test it now, do you know if it works on Linux?
    The code relies on few other libraries, that are outdated now and impossible to get in the state they are referred in the code, so it does not compile. Other than that I do not know if it is Linux compatible.

Project relies on lnet and dcpcrypt which I might remove if I find the time, they shouldn't be needed for core functionality if I recall correctly.
    For time being I've updated the repo and you can find their source in src/tools folders. I suppose this might break their licensing or sth, will try to clean this up.
    Project now compiles but I get sigserv on opengl context initialization, tried updating dgl header with same result. It worked before and I didn't change my video card so it must be updated drivers causing this.

As for linux compatibility, I've made code arrangements for that in the early stage but didn't test it later so probably it won't compile as it is now.
    Last edited by laggyluk; 25-05-2017 at 01:01 PM.

It does now compile (game and brickui, not server tho) with little work, but both just say 'Execution stopped'.

My skill with lazarus IDE is non-existent so I have no clue what to do. The source is useful in any case.
    Last edited by Thyandyr; 25-05-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Tested brickUI on my old laptop and it works with both integrated intel and nvidia cards, fails on my desktop ati

Quote Originally Posted by laggyluk View Post
    Tested brickUI on my old laptop and it works with both integrated intel and nvidia cards, fails on my desktop ati
    Can you provide a small testing example or at least provide instruction for making one myself since I don't have any experience with your voxel engine?
    I have three computers with ATI based graphics card (one desktop and two laptops) so I could do some testing and try tracking the problem of why your BrickUI is not running on your ATI based graphics card.

Well, I can live with it not working anymore, project is long time abandoned and I just wanted working example for Thyandyr.
    If you still want to try it you'd need to download the source, install lnet and dcpCrypt components and then run the brickUI project. It crashes on the line with rendering context creation in my case.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast