Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announce: My remake of robotron with DelphiX

Announce: My remake of robotron with DelphiX

The users pc updates as often as possible. When he's using a slow pc it may be possible that his pc can't keep up and the gap between two frames will be made larger, because it takes more time to process a frame, meaning the sprite is moving more irregular. (This is the same effect when playing for example in an online FPS, where you have a high ping rate and you see yourself suddenly jump forwards).
    However, users with a more powerful pc who can keep up, may not experience that slowdown because the gap between to frames remains small.

I would recommend leaving the UpdateSpeed calculation alone and only change the speed of your sprites to a value you're comfortable with.

Many thanks. I think the independant update is working correctly now.
    Please take a look and I`m working on some screenshots for the site now

Looks great! Especially the flashy transition to the next level. Very nice!
    Keep us posted.

Btw, thanks for the credits!

Upated - info on site. Screenshots too

http://norrish.force9.co.uk/robotron

Site, demo and screenshots updated.
    I`m now using Jaro's accelerated UndelphiX, although not using hardly any of the hardware accelerated routines yet.

Update!!!

Work has since resumed on this project and there have been some major updates.

Please check the site for all details and download

(see first post in this thread for URL)

Wow, welcome back and the screen shots look fun. Any chance of an in game movie?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Wow, welcome back and the screen shots look fun. Any chance of an in game movie?
    Yea, no problem. I'll do one tonight and stick it on google video / youtube. I`ve noticed that people would rather see a video rather than the game these days? Still, I'll get the video editor out and make a nice little trailer for it - at least it's another advertising medium as well

I tried it, but no luck. Seems to be a known problem with recording DelphiX games with Fraps etc. Just toooo low a framerate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12