Quote Originally Posted by 3Shrike3 View Post
I installed allegro with a sudo apt-get install allegro . I then downloaded the allegro.pas file and extracted it to my folder. For some reason the fix.sh script did not work, so I had to manually add target.os,
May be your Linux doesn't has /bin/sh .

The demo then ran fine, a bit jumpy, but that is to be expected from a £20 computer with little processing power!
The demo game is very simple, but I didn't optimised it a lot. I'm sure it can run faster, but it needs a profile (AFAIK FPC and GNU profiler don't work together) and better tilemap+sprite rendering.

The exscn3d program, the one with all the spinning cubes would run at around 20 fps - is that due to the low processing power on the RPi, or is it just that allegro is not very fast at 3d?
As documentation says:
Quote Originally Posted by Allegro.pas doumentation
It is not, and never will be, a fully fledged 3d library (the goal is to supply generic support routines, not shrink-wrapped graphics code :-) but these functions may be useful for developing your own 3d code.
Anyway, it has one of the fastest software based 3D renderer I've seen. It will never beat OpenGL, but beats Mesa in some cases.

All your examples compiled and ran fine then, except:
exrotscl wouldn't open and gave the error message 'Could not load inkblot.tga'
exxfade gave error message 'Error loading image file 'allegro.pcx''
However, exscn3d, which uses allegro.pcx, ran fine.
I don't understand why exscn3d runs but exxfade fails. I'll see if I can find an explanation.

Anyway, most of examples runs. That's really cool. I should tell everybody.