Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HW acceleration (un)DelphiX

HW acceleration (un)DelphiX

Hi

I downloaded your version of delphix and replaced my undelphix 7 with your version of delphix. everything worked fine so far, but:

I tried to compile and run my delphix game. It compiled, started and then I got never-ending exceptions and some sprites had been missing during gameplay. It's a 2D-game using the spriteengine and 32bit-images out of the DXImagelist. I activated dohardware, do3d and dodirectx7mode. If I deactivate do3d, it crashes without any chances to close it (except the delphi debugger, of course).

Any ideas what to do now? Hopefully :cry:

Greetz!

PS: I downloaded http://www.micrel.cz/Dx/delphix_2005_02_11.rar, is it the correct file?

Nice work!!!

Our game uses DXDraw and DXSpriteEngine. I have a few questions.
    - Does HW acceleration also accelerate DxDraw and the sprite engine?
    - Is alpha blending faster in DxDraw as well?

Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Phe@r
    I tried to compile and run my delphix game. It compiled, started and then I got never-ending exceptions and some sprites had been missing during gameplay. It's a 2D-game using the spriteengine and 32bit-images out of the DXImagelist. I activated dohardware, do3d and dodirectx7mode. If I deactivate do3d, it crashes without any chances to close it (except the delphi debugger, of course).
    PS: I downloaded http://www.micrel.cz/Dx/delphix_2005_02_11.rar, is it the correct file?
    Hi you have correct file!
    I made acceleration under cover (un)DelphiX, no changes in Hori's engine. Correct bug only (please see to pixelcheck routine) and added new features (so its no "new" since not in one compilation).
    I can try your code, that you have isolate it an you can send me to test please.

Quote Originally Posted by blackvoid
    - Does HW acceleration also accelerate DxDraw and the sprite engine?
    - Is alpha blending faster in DxDraw as well?
    Under sprite engine are standard render routines, and routines Add, Sub and Alpha can be accelerated in the same way that other. I think than fullscreen may be required (- you have to try)

The alpha blending is produced in one routine.
    Ijcro.

Fix bug, update...

Main library was updated 28.3.2005, minor bug fixed (image unchanged if downloaded during runtime into DXImageList when hardware acceleration turn on). The pack can be downloaded from my pages (http://www.micrel.cz/Dx). Thanks and sorry
    Ijcro.

Just wanted to say a big thanks . Its great someone cares and are ready to pickup the glove and DX a a tweak now and then.

Library updates Jun 6 2005, published on my page and TURBO too.
    Regards
    Ijcro.

Blog Entries

Ah, I was just going to make news post on this too. Read it earlier today on Turbo.

Next time drop me an email. I'll respond much quicker to getting the word out.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I tested engine a bit, noted that speed increase is about 10x, going over 900fps in blending sample.
    Fullscreen mode in your base project gives access violation if i before or after alt+enter press space to use hardware.

I'm still unable to use hardware acceleration with old flexbattle game. It renders images using normal, rotate and blending functions in custom TDirectDrawSurface. Then clips player splitscreen parts from it. All graphics, except the ones using rotate and blendings show ok. Player itself uses rotate, so main character is invisible now :?

I made a simple application trying to represent my problem:
    http://cs.uku.fi/~valo/SurfaceTest.zip
    You can drag the view with mouse button pressed.
    Mouse lags in that demo for some reason, i believe it's one other DelphiX bug. Lag stops if i limit interval.

There should be showing a rotating Add blended texture, but for now it shows only if i take hw acceleration off, only lagging as hell

Edit: OH! One suggestion: Could you make there a bi-linear texture toggle in DXImageList items? I noted bi-linear textures are used in StretchDraw only. It could be expanded to rotate and other functions too.

Okay
    I now released version with full compatibility for Delphi 3 (from my page only source or next day from Turbo pages).

You can try it, this have different interface.

I downloaded your file I will try it and send any solution for you. Thanks
    Ijcro.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast