Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BitBLT VS ?

BitBLT VS ?

how do you use it... Is there a DelphiX example anywhere that uses it? But i get 75fps normally usinga normal DXImageList just drawing tile after tile. And what would be the best way to have objects and other things working independantly.. the way i am doing it currently sucks.. Mine tracks different objects, i set it so there is a max 256 object on screen at once.. but sometimes it stuffs up, and it thinks there are objects around when they aren't. I dont know why... But help would be appreciated.

And how much faster would TBackgroundSprite be?

BitBLT VS ?

I'm very against using the DXSpriteEngine, since it has a lot of bugs and it clouds what it actually does. The bugs I'm referring too once destroyed a space invaders game I was creating (the sprites moved out of the screen after moving left and right for a while and it wasn't my mistake) and I found out it was a bug only a year later.

The TBackGround property is pretty cool though, however I never measured if it's faster so I can't deny nor admit it... Where would it get it's speed increase from you think Useless Hacker?

So to sum it up: use the DXSpriteEngine, but use it on your own risk!

P.S. I believe DelphiX comes with examples of about every component. The DXSpriteEngine and the TBackGround is used in the Basic Sprite example (which can be found in the samples\sprite\basic directory), just look trough the code for the word "BackGround" and the first word you'll find will be it!
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

BitBLT VS ?

maybe some DGDev people can make an updated DelphiX.. Make it faster, and maybe use DX8.1 or 9.

BitBLT VS ?

I think there is something like that allready, it's called UnDelphiX...
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12