Hey, I think I'll give FOOGS a look over. Though I may 'borrow' some techniques, I want to write the engine of the game from scratch to try to get a nice orgainized core for my purposes. Then again I haven't even looked at FOOGS' source yet, so don't mind my ramblings, just yet.

Technical-ly speaking, I am planning in using JEDI-SDL, OpenAL and considering modifying SoundLib 2.5a. Or just going along with SDL_Mixer. I'd prefer to have the option to use 44100Hz detail and have a bit more control over things like manually jumping position in the OrderList, but I need the good quality and speedy mixing without the hasstle of licencing issues. (BASS and FMOD are out!)

What I think I'm planning is to make a freeware first version then perhaps a shareware/commercial second. This depending on if I can get the artists and musicians for the job. I might see if they guys that helped me with the PGD Dogfight Competition Intro, might be interested. They were both pretty modivated so they might be interested. Of course if it goes shareware, I'd be willing to go on with royalties, but that depends on the success of the freeware version I guess. :roll:

Well right now, I'm finishing up on some other things left over from before and then I'll wait until some people give me their thoughts and ideas to bounce off me. We'll see what sticks