Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Story for my platformer!

Story for my platformer!

This might provide another resource for our robotic hero.
    Yeah, one of a romantic nature, no doubt :lol:

Blog Entries

--- MORE STORY ---

Ok I just can't keep it to myself anymore... I just have to see what you guys think of this afterthought of a sort of 'continuation' of my Robot story idea. Now keep in mind that the story will not unfold like this, you'll still have to discover who you are, whats going on and what happened to the assistant and these upgrades you were told about. It's just a behind the scenes 'whats actually happening' telling of the story.

Tell me if this sounds good.

Robot Prelogue:

You are a Prototype class of android robot that was created by an honest scientist that was hunted down and killed for his research. In an attempt to conceal his work from a corrupt organization hell bent for power, his prototypes and research was to be sent to his assistant in another part of the world. This convoy was intercepted and a battle ensured. One of the prototype androids was lost, but some of the good Doctor's work was taken by the attacking force.

The doctor's assistant in an attempt to take back the stollen research and to stop the evil commander he armed and completed a second android, with heavy assistance from some other colligues of the doctor's and his. They then planned an attack to retreive and destory any remaining stollen work. The plan failed and the battle was lost. The other android was taken studied and production of a robotic army was started. 10 solid years of quiet plotting and planning had ended, the evil force struck and battles insued for near 40 years. Nearly strained of resources the robotic army called the peace starved world for a truice, having taken enough of a chunk of the globe to satisfy it's self ...for now!

20 years later... today... you finally awake!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Story for my platformer!

Gotten any further with this one Master WILL?
    _____
    Eriken

Story for my platformer!

I tried to remember as much as I could, told it as a bedtime story for my 5 year old son. He loves that kind of stuff. I had to add a romance angle with a girlfriend robot as well though. And boxing. And a tiger. And Doc Ock.

Story for my platformer!

hehe, I dont think that would work in a game lief WILL is not working on a soap

On the other hand, getting a tough of romance in a game might be way to get it played more by girls.

Blog Entries

Story for my platformer!

Oh wow. I'm flattered man! 5 year olds are always the toughest critics though, aren't they? :lol:

I had thought about a romance... I'll let you know if it gets me anywhere.

I wasn't really planning on having that much depth to this story. The game is more geared towards action than story. Just enough to make the point of all the laser blasts and explosions come alive.

Nothing much else on it though I guess if I start working on the actual game more I might come up with something.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Story for my platformer!

1) Pure action game: something that could be cool is a top-down variant where you have to search various areas like in good old Rambo (iiihh.. I only played the green-black-colored game on the Spectrum) where you could scroll in all directions.. or like Ikari Warriors where it only scrolled vertically.. Wouldn't need much of depth in a story like that, and each stage could include some sort of goal (like rescue or finding upgrades and stuff)

And now.. Roboween 2005! (I'm kidding)

2) Robot-romance, now that would be funny. But it would be more of an adventure game I think.

Compability-issues there as everywhere else
    COM-ports vs USB-ports
    Ethernet vs Tokenring (talking about minorities.. hehe)
    and so on.. "Check out the software/hardware on that one!"

Ro-Ro-Ro-Robot
    Running to his girl
    Quickly, quickly, quickly, quickly
    What a crazy world

Damn.. If I only knew how to create art

(oh wey, it went silly again)
    _____
    Eriken

Blog Entries

Story for my platformer!

Here is the story so far in Chronological order;

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Robot Prelogue:

You are a Prototype class of android robot that was created by an honest scientist that was hunted down and killed for his research. In an attempt to conceal his work from a corrupt organization hell bent for power, his prototypes and research was to be sent to his assistant in another part of the world. This convoy was intercepted and a battle ensured. One of the prototype androids was lost, but some of the good Doctor's work was taken by the attacking force.

The doctor's assistant in an attempt to take back the stollen research and to stop the evil commander he armed and completed a second android, with heavy assistance from some other colligues of the doctor's and his. They then planned an attack to retreive and destory any remaining stollen work. The plan failed and the battle was lost. The other android was taken studied and production of a robotic army was started. 10 solid years of quiet plotting and planning had ended, the evil force struck and battles insued for near 40 years. Nearly strained of resources the robotic army called the peace starved world for a truice, having taken enough of a chunk of the globe to satisfy it's self ...for now!

20 years later... today... you finally awake!
    Game Intro Cutscene:

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    You wake up in a strange place(dark alley, sewer tunnel, cave, etc). You quickly discover that you are a robot as your system diagnostic starts up shortly after you are 'concious'. The diagnostic reveals that all core systems are fine, but you have no memory of who you are or who your maker was. Also it shows that you appear to be missing some subsystems with no specification or designations. While trying to get up you get a system message reporting that you have taken some minor stuctural damage recommending that you 'take it easy'.

This all makes you little robotic mind spin! You have no model or serial number, you have taken damage, yet no memory of any of these events if any memory of anything at all.

Suddenly, a message file pops up in memory with a garbled attached video feed. ~"This is Dr. (insert some neat sounding scientist's name), I am your creator! I wish I could explain more to you, but there is no time. There is an organization called (instert cool para-military sounding name), they wish to take my work and use it for their own means of power. I cannot let this happen so I have sent a small team to transport you to my assistant Dr. (insert assistant's name) outpost located here. [A little map shows where small outpost is on the globe] Hopefully at your arrival there h will be able to install the rest of your sub-systems that will give you your full capabilities. At all costs do not let (cool para-military name) get their hands on you or your technology! I am sorry that you had to wake-up in such dark times, I would have liked to see you brought to life, but they know how to track me somehow and I cannot risk you being taken by them. Best of luck (insert robot's name), may you be able to discover what us humans call happiness in your new life."~ The message ends.
    I was going to say thatthere was no moer till I got home, but I found my notepad that I remembered that I DID pack with me. [size=9px](It's hard being this good! )[/size]

---

Chronology of Game Missions:

1st Cutscene - Wake up to message from maker.

1) Wake up in tropical swamp cave.
    Objective: Find missing hand upgrade via becon.

2nd Cutscene - Trigger new message; List of safe locations for Doctor's assistant.

2) Optional Missions - Find assistant + upgrades;
    a) Abandoned Factory [Engineer who helped make parts]
    Objective: Find missing upgrade (Dash) and get more information about creator and his Assistant's location.

b) Underwater Complex [Colonel who planned to stop enemy]
    Objective: Find a weapon upgrade and information on the assistant's allies and their plan to stop the Robot Army.

c) Hidden Lab in Forrest [Assistant's Lab]
    Objective: Find out about 2nd Robot + everyone that worked on him. Find map and memory upgrades.

---

List of established characters:

Main Character(Nameless robot): 1st Robot Prototype to gain machine conciousness designed by the Doctor.
    The Doctor: Creator of the Robot technology and the robot that gave birth to true, realized artificial intelligence.
    G.U.S.: The last surviving models of the General Union Service, a mechanics and machine worker's guild long since went out of business.
    Doctor's Assistant: He assisted the good doctor in the designs and development of the 2 robot prototypes that were to gain sentience technology.
    Robot #2: This is the main character's 'brother', captured and used as the template for a large evil robotic army.
    Evil Military Commander: A madman who strives only for power and has been after the Doctor's work after hearing about a way to make what he sees as a superior robot capable of being the perfect weapon to enhance his current forces.
    The Colonel: A good guy who was able to quickly respond to the attacks from the Robotic Army and managed to help end the conflict in a draw instead of the destruction that would have followed.
    The Doctor's Development Team: The people that helped create parts and specific technologies to contruct and develop the first two prototypes.

Thats it for now, that should bring you up to where the story is at right now.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12