One of my favorite game genres is the City Building/simulation type games. At times my daughter has also been interested in playing game like Zeus etc. My idea is to make a rather simple city building game for her. She loves fairies so its an obvious choice.

My plan is that the board starts as plain brown ground. On this ground the player needs to grow flowers. The more flowers she grows the higher her score.

Flowers only grow if tended regularly by fairies. So the player needs to plant various items to enable fairies. Faries only can walk on grass so the player needs to build grass paths for the fairies to walk on (as they pass flower gardens they will tned the gardens and make then grow better).

Fairies however do not look after their own houses and therefore the player needs to ensure that there are gnomes walking the paths to tend the fairy homes. Fairies also need other things to keep them happy (not sure what yet) and if they have enough access to these things their homes will improve enabling multiple fairies to live in the same homes thereby increaing the number of gardens that can be tended.

Other ideas I have is that possibly the fairies (or someone else like dwarves/pixies) also need to look after some garden animals such as ducks and rabbits.

Of course there are always problems that will be experienced like ants that eat the flowers that bloom.

Garden ornaments can be used to improve patches of garden.

Scenario goals can be set on the number (and type) of flowers that must be grown to complete a level.

Art I'd need:
Fairies (Reiner has a nice fairy sprite)
Gnomes (Reiners Gnome would be fine, else maybe the Willie sprite)
Dwarves (Maybe the Willie sprite of the Builder/Carrier sprite)
Flower patches (various states)
Fairy homes
Other fairy buildings (mushrooms)
Garden animals and pests