Quote Originally Posted by bekuzofu
but how do i create a new folder in the script?
Check out the MkDir procedure.

and how do i get the script to read unlimited strings?
You mean read strings until it reaches the end? The 'Count' member of at TStringList tells you how many strings are present inside the stringlist, so you'll know how many strings to read in.

on my game that i'm creating, how do i use collision detection between 2 images so they do not collide with each other?
Ehm. How can you use collision detection to keep things from colliding with eachother? There'd be nothing to detect. ;)

Okay, okay. Fine. No more sarcasm. A common method is the usage of bounding boxes, which is an imaginary box around a sprite. To determine if there's a collision, check if those two rectangles intersect.

how do i make so the movements dont flicker?
Assuming you're using GDI+ for your drawing, it's because you're clearing the whole screen and then drawing your new moved sprite. Within that time that the screen was cleared you're seeing that flicker. The easiest solution for this is to make use of a backbuffer. This would be an image (not visible to the user) that you'd draw your whole scene onto, and then draw that image onto the screen, so you don't see any flickering.

how do i use the keyboard and assign keys for movement?
Take a look at the TForm's events, OnKeyPress. Within those events you can check if the desired keys are being pressed.

Sorry if my responses are a bit vague -- you really asked a whole lot of things that were very broad in category. If you were to be a bit more specific in what exactly you want to know, then I'm sure myself and the other forum-mongers would be glad to help. :)