Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you going commercial? Read this!

Blog Entries

Are you going commercial? Read this!

Hi guys, after adding several bits of game industry content to the Library section, I was wondering... is this of any use to PGD users? How many people are actually going to go commercial and try to publish their work commercially? Whats this factor like for us Pascal developers...?

So tell us, how amoung you are going to go and take that step? And what sort of area of the commercial market are you interested in exploring? Any thing you want answers to or seek guidance on?

Let us know!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I have release a shareware game and will in the future do so again.

I am also in the process of developing a mass market entertainment product that is directly related to games. I have a partner and we have approached interested parties to sell it.

Other than my own options I fell that if the site doesn;t at least have some commercial items of it, we are indicating a lack of seriousness in the viability of pascal to generate commercial products.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Hi!

We are a team of 3 pepole and published 2 shareware games until now, the 3rd is in progress. We always earn less than we spent for new software, but we see this as a hobby.

Right now our games can be downloaded and we are linked to many shareware sites, I would be interested in getting the game(s) into a store or on a game sampler or something, even if it is for a few bucks.

Firle

Hi, I am not very good programer so, haven't done any commercial game, but in our little country one man created game and published it by local publisher. if you are interested www.adirex.com (used Delphi+GLScene)
    http://www.programuotojas.com

I am also interested in doing shareware (even though I haven't anything so far). However the stuff I'm interested in is mostly marketing, what kind of product I should make, and other such more business oriented questions. As this have little to do with actual Pascal programming it may not fit this site...
    Signature:
    <br />This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WiZz
    Hi, I am not very good programer so, haven't done any commercial game, but in our little country one man created game and published it by local publisher. if you are interested www.adirex.com (used Delphi+GLScene)
    This is excellent. Not a bad start up either. Clean page, very little errors... nice use of marketing! And one more wayward DelphiGamer banner I've been hunting down to get replaced. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra
    I am also interested in doing shareware (even though I haven't anything so far). However the stuff I'm interested in is mostly marketing, what kind of product I should make, and other such more business oriented questions. As this have little to do with actual Pascal programming it may not fit this site...
    Actually this is the sort of thing I want PGD to start covering a bit more. Pascal users have been denied this too much on the game side of development. So long as it can relate to Pascal-based games. Which [size=9px](if anyone in the last 5 years or has been paying attention to the availablility of the language)[/size] pretty much covers it all.

I'll keep cranking out the marketing articles and items that go into the Library. On that note, I just added some great article on Shareware so please have a look.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

While not actively part of the indie dev scene I do plan on marketing a release as soon as I complete a project that I deem worthy of a mass market. It always strikes me as odd that some projects that are sold at retail or as shareware are of lesser quality than many freeware titles. The project I have in mind is quite reliant on quality 2D graphics (Of the PixelArt variety) and I guess this is my main stumbling block. Graphics cost money which is something someone like me (Average joe with 0 collateral) is hard to come by, but even if I spent a few thousand pounds of my own money on the graphics, as long as long as the finished game fits my vision I would quite willingly pay out whether I made money back on the project or not. Which is why I am holding out until I have something approaching finished before I look into shelling out for third party graphics and sound.
    Isometric game development blog http://isoenginedev.blogspot.com/

contact me when you need art.
    portfolio available, a few games here you can see my graphics.
    cheap rates for indie developers - im an indie artist

liefjorgensen@hotmail.com

I definitely plan to go commercial. I just need to know that there's a market for whatever I plan to make before I spend months working on it :roll:

If anyone wants to start a commercial game project with me let me know.

In fact the same applies for a non game project, it's the commercial bit I'm interested in at the moment. :lol:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast