My problem is the same as Eriken's (no not that one ), it's hard to get a 'real job' in software without a few years' commercial experience on your CV/resume. I've been programming for more than 20 years now and have the qualifications to back it up but it means almost nothing to potential employers without a fair bit of recent commercial experience. I understand why this is and can see the logic in it but that doesn't pay my bills :evil: . The only way to get a 'real job' in software where I live is if you have 20 years commercial experience and don't mind getting paid about half what you'd get in a city. The main alternative around here is to work in the tourist industry which usually means dressing up as a bear for half the year and serving food and drinks to old people for the other six months, sometimes these tasks will overlap between seasons :lol:

So I'm thinking of doing something longer term than one game project. I want to develop high quality Pascal based software, games if possible, that people want to buy and make a living from it.

And yes, I will dress up as a bear if I have to...