Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are you going commercial? Read this!

Are you going commercial? Read this!

Quote Originally Posted by Daikrys
    i think Momor is going to be commercial in mobile games
    Too bad mobile games are done in Java.. It sort of reminds me of the old days, where you had to program with limited memory on the C64 or Spectrum to get anything on the screen So I am comparing today's mobilephones with Spectrum 48K, for the fun of it. (I don't feel so old then, since I first touched Spectrum in 1982 or something like that )
    _____
    Eriken

mobile games are populare iam thinking too
    to make mobile games i code in jave sience 2years

I plan on going commercial with my object pascal games. Well, right now I'm still learning OpenGL, so in due time I'll have a few small games. After that, I'm interested in developing tools(terrain creation, 3d model apps(like DeleD ),etc.).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Btw, WILL it' s the other way around.
    Net is after reductions, taxes and such. Gross is total before deductions.
    Oops! I stand corrected.

Well cell phones are not the only portable game platforms these days. There are still PDAs (PocketPC and Palm), GameBoy (Advance/Nintendo DS), and PSP. And all have limited memory, displays and processing power too.

I think that almost all of it can be covered via Pascal. Free Pascal is a gateway to that, in that if someone modivated enough got interested, it could happen.

And it would be a great place to start out I think. If you were truely wanting to go commercial. The only barrier I see with the above options, or more specifically PSP and GBA/DS, is that licencing from Nintendo and Sony might be a chanllange since they are very strict on what compilers are used. I have plans on looking into this as I like the idea of promoting Free Pascal as a commercially viable solution for game development on consoles aswell as the PC-based platforms(including Macs).
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234