Thread: Asphyre Closure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This is sad to know. Long time ago I enjoyed powerdraw and I was used them in my projects.
    So this means that my QuadEngine is some kind of last man standing in delphi gamedev frameworks...

sad sad... very sad
    Theory is - when you know everything but nothing works.
    Practice is - when all works, but you don't know why.
    We combine theory and practice - nothing works and nobody knows why

End of an era. Thank you very much for providing such a excellent framework all those years. All the best with your work and baby. Children are the great eater of time. You soon wonder what you you used to do with all that free time that you no longer have.

I believe Delphi as a games development platform is more or less had its time. It is a shame but for those of us who like to create games there is now so many possibilities. The lure of the web based games, android and ipad is too great.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

So what happens next? Will Asphyre just dissapear (saw post about Lifepower intention of closing official site)?
    I don't think that Asphyre should die. I do understand the situation in wich Lifepower is but still.

I do have an idea on how to prevent Asphyre extinction. Why not making Asphyre graphical library OpenSource. Several times it was mentioned that PGD needs some comunity project, something that we would all work on. I'm sure some pepole here would be willing to do it.
    While I do have limited knowledge on this area I'm sure prepared to help in any whay I can especially since I was planning on using Asphyre Sphinx for my game development in the first place.

So Lifepower what do you say. Would you be prepared in opensourcing Asphyre so that all that work you have putt in it won't go to waste.

@PDG comunity
    Which of you members would be prepared to help in making sure that Asphyre won't die if of course Lifepower provides us a chance.