Thread: Super Heli Land

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Have you ever heared of the game UFO: The Two Sides?
    It was remake of an old UFO Enemy Unknown game which added ability to play as aliens. And even thou the project was opensource they had to close it down due to Intelectual Property violation of original game.

Anywhay I just wouldn't like to see your project being screwed by some gaming company just becouse they were to envy on your sucsess. It might not happen ir it might.
    To be honest I have seen to many potentionaly good games killed this way.
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 25-06-2013 at 09:02 AM.

For those who received my code and found it to be WTF-y (as in TheDailyWTF WTF-y): If you want to post it there, be my guest. But please keep in mind following things:

- Project isn't even in Alpha stage yet and there will be lot, I mean lot, of refactoring going on in following days
    - This is my first game written from scratch (earlier I've either used engines like Unity or game making programs).

Anyway started to do refactoring now and code already looks better (lot of unused variables/functions got removed).

I've started work on animated sprites.

Implemented animated sprites and made simple spritesheet. Now I'll need to test it.

Tested animation system. It works fine on my first try! I think I'm getting hang of allegro!

Anyway now I'll need to implement state machine and rip more graphics from SML (title screen and few others that would make background of options menu).

But that maybe tomorrow - you know, all work and no fun (note: Programming is fun, but I now want other kind of fun which is playing Remember Me)...
    Last edited by Darkhog; 27-06-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: typos

Base class for states is done, now I'll do actual states. Of course, Main Menu will be first.

And Main menu state is finished (kinda, still need to figure out what causes segfault when destroying it):

//edit: Currently only Exit option is working, as I have yet to make actual gameplay and option screen.