Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Super Heli Land

Implemented animated sprites and made simple spritesheet. Now I'll need to test it.

Tested animation system. It works fine on my first try! I think I'm getting hang of allegro!

Anyway now I'll need to implement state machine and rip more graphics from SML (title screen and few others that would make background of options menu).

But that maybe tomorrow - you know, all work and no fun (note: Programming is fun, but I now want other kind of fun which is playing Remember Me)...
    Last edited by Darkhog; 27-06-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: typos

Base class for states is done, now I'll do actual states. Of course, Main Menu will be first.

And Main menu state is finished (kinda, still need to figure out what causes segfault when destroying it):

//edit: Currently only Exit option is working, as I have yet to make actual gameplay and option screen.

Fixed segfault thanks to imcold. Thanks, man! You're great!

Ok, few others segfaults has popped out, but was able to fix them myself. Now onto options menu.

Newsflash: Most of options menu is done, only few bits are remaining, so soon I'll be able to show it off.

Frankly, it's amazing how much stuff you can get done in a month (and I had 2 weeks hiatus) - according to lpr file creation date, I've started SHL (was Hello World type of deal at the time, then inspiration struck) on May 28th, 13:51 (01:51 PM). I hope to have something playable next week, but time will tell if I can squeeze it.
    Last edited by Darkhog; 30-06-2013 at 09:17 PM.

May I present you... THE OPTIONS MENU!

Options are saved correctly. Still I need to make Bindings screen (another state) though.

Anyway, does any of you who worked with Allegro.pas have idea how to translate key number (as in al_key array) into name of it (in string)?
    //edit: Dun, dun dun dun, dun dun do, dun dun dun duun. It's a tune from SML that plays in options menu.
    Last edited by Darkhog; 01-07-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Hm... It's been some time, but I've started to work on game again. Had to break my laziness.

Anyway now I'll implement TGameState class. I also need to do some more engine stuff (I cannot believe I didn't implement TGameObject class! I also need to implement some list stuff for sprites, animated sprites and then game objects (design and most of code based on TObjectList)).

Aaaaand SHL has now public Github repo: https://github.com/darkhog/SuperHeliLand! You are free to browse my TheDailyWTF-worthy code (though I'm trying to keep it clean) to your heart's content and you can even help me!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast