Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting of innocent Brazilian in UK...

Shooting of innocent Brazilian in UK...

Here is some more information about the the Brazilian, he was followed from his house and was allowed to get on a BUS!!!! It was not until he reached the station that they then confronted him.

If he was a suspected bomber, why did they let him get on a BUS!!! Did the lives of the people on the bus not matter? It just does not add up.

No where does it say that they identified themselves as plain clothed police. It says they drew their weapons and told him to STOP. The fact that they were plain clothed is the problem here. If they had been uniformed police and he ran away from then, then it would still be a tragedy, but then we would need to question why he ran away from uniformed police.

If you are going to work with your head phones on and some guys appear infront of you with guns, who you have no idea who they are, will you automatically think they are police I doubt it. Especially in some parts of London.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

hmm i guess :/

The latest I heard was that he got 8 shots? 1 in his shoulder and 7 in his head?

I guess it was the 8th shot that did it :roll:

In the end, if you're in London these days, and start running from the police I guess you're asking for trouble. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, what the police did, since I'm not able to put myself in that position..

But what if he had been a bomber, and made it into the train and killed a dozen people.. and you found out later that police was following him but decided to let him go? I guess it's difficult to find a suicide-bomber-pattern since most people who want to do it wont try it more than once.

Can't be easy being a cop in London these days
    _____
    Eriken

In summary:

William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

turns out the guy's visa ran out. so i guess thats why he ran from police

So the latest leaked information from the police investigators is that the brazilian guy was NOT confronted by the police, he did NOT jump the barriers, he did run onto the train, but was NOT being chased by the police.

CCTV footage and eyewitness accounts cited by ITV News showed the Brazilian was NOT wearing a padded jacket and walked calmly through the underground station barriers - contrary to initial reports that he was running and had a bulky jacket that could have concealed a bomb.
    Firearms officers had been given clearance to kill Mr de Menezes but, as they sped towards the underground railway station, he apparently seemed completely unaware that he was being tailed, ITV News said.
    He was subsequently wrongly identified and was physicaly held/restrainted by a surveillance officer, before the police officers turned up and decided to shoot him 8 times.

Basically the police, as always, lied to cover their arses.

More info @ http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html

Thank-you Mr. Bush and Mr. Blair for reducing terrorism and ensuring that everyone's way of life has not changed. Well done!
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

The question that comes to mind is why did they shoot then?

The other thing is that I now feel for the man who decided to shoot the poor guy. I imagine he must feel terrible knowing that he killed an innocent man.

The question that comes to mind is why did they shoot then?
    Because "The only way to stop a suicide bomber is a shot in the head" - quote from somewhere on the net.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Because "The only way to stop a suicide bomber is a shot in the head" - quote from somewhere on the net.
    This was actually said by the chief commisioner Ian Blair.

The best way to stop a suicide bomber is to find out the root cause that make people feel so powerless that their only means of protest is by blowing themselves up. We need to find out what causes people to be pushed to such an extreme. Find that out and address the cause and you don't need to shoot anyone in the head and reduce the likelihood of someone turning to suicide bombing. Give someone a reason to live and they will choose life. Remove any reason for living, then who knows how they will choose to die.

But dealing with the causes it probably too much like hard work. It's always easier to deal with effect, rather than cause.

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    We need to find out what causes people to be pushed to such an extreme.
    The prime motivation behind these bomb attacks is religion. Religion is a powerful motive that has been used for many centuries as justification for killing by almost every religion.

Find that out and address the cause and you don't need to shoot anyone in the head and reduce the likelihood of someone turning to suicide bombing. Give someone a reason to live and they will choose life.
    They believe that killing themselves for their religion is a higher honour than living. How do you plan to "fix" that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast