While it is abviously true that educational institutions educate what the market demands, they are also have a certain resistance against the current programming hypes. I.e. the market once wanted them to educate Visual Basic developers, however most universities resisted the pressure.

For the same reason many schools and universities consider C/C++ an unacceptable language for beginners. A lot of them have embraced Java, which indeed solves some deficiencies of C, unfortunately it introduces others.

Without question, many universities start in C/C++, and not withotu reason, as in teh current world, most software is going to be written in it, so there is something to say to not to withold students this knowledge.

On the other hand, there are still a lot of arguments in favour of Pascal nowadays, and it never hurts to communicate that.

I think there is a network, schools have a influence what companies use, and companies have an influence what shools use. There is a third important group, and that is to which we belong: Amateurs, and this is often written with a big A to emphasize the role they played into the direction the computer industry took.

To make Pascal attractive for the enterprise, one way is to have a good amateur base: I.e. compare it to Linux or PHP, it got into the enterprise because amateurs used it, and slowly got developed to the level it was more attractive for enterprises than other solutions. In fact, it can also be said that Delphi became less attractive to amateurs over the years, and as a result it became harder for companies to recruit good Delphi programmers.