Hmm... I wonder if there would be some validity to trying to rally support from schools and universities to adopt Pascal via FPC into their curriculum.

I mean... Pascal used to be the defaco learning language, why not now? C sucks for trying to learn concepts and you pay a high price for even minor beginner mistakes. I remember my first C program froze up and rebooted the computer when I ran it. It had only a simple code block... no code! :lol:

I'm sure there can be a strong case put together for the schools to pick it up. Many universities use GCC in their programs so why not another opensource compiler?

And Pascal is just a better language to learn programming concepts in. Object Pascal is a great way to learn about OOP too! Rather than your messy C/C++ conventions Borland's rendition of Object management is great. Why else would the industry still use it?

Borland teaches courses for Pascal for use with their Delphi so why can't Free Pascal have the same. It just needs support by some key universities and it's sure to catch on as an alternative to teaching Java or *gak* VB.

Any takers on this idea? FPK? Synopsis? Lightning?