Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
as far as I can tell it's just the same as compiling for an android phone/tab (arm-linux), since tegra 3 is a quad-core ARM processor. I should have some fun with that as soon as I have the console.
correct, you just need to implement the conroller handling via ouya sdk and thats all

I rather switch to c++ than invest that kind of money into pascal development just because I like the language
you know how instable c++ is? even with some well developed engines are so unstable at some points that any developement will be interrupted. this is not my personal expierence cause i hate C syntax but some comrades in the game industry always complain about that.
as far as i can tell one of them moved to pascal for tool development and use c# for their games. most of the others switched to unity or similar game maker for that reason. and yeah they are full time game developer with mid-size companys.
i also dont believe that its easier to build android games with c++ then with pascal, there are plenty of questions in the forums on how to compile etc. (like here :>)

personally i think oxygene is really to expensive for hobby developer and since ouya might be a minor (no major!) goldrush, if you get lucky, there is truly some sort of risk getting the money you spend for tools back. (if you go pro you will get it back sooner or later)

as for me i switched to HTML5 for some professional games (and a good reason) and hope they get the controller support working before july (depency from third partie developer is no fun~). for bigger games i will still stick to pascal with its really nice syntax and enough engine building cracks around here who deliver some fine frameworks :> (unless i get six numbers on my paycheck, buy a unity license with all modules for around 10k and hire an expensive coder to handle anything, delusions of grandeur is growing~)