Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
I'm getting deja vu...
Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
Meaning unknown. Requesting explanation.
Do a search for "IRC" through all the old posts here on PGD.

I hate the idea of raining on this parade, (as there is so few interested in contributing to the community these days) but the problem is that people in this community don't seem to like to contribute unless they can do it a couple of times and then give up. A lot of the people that used to contribute and continue contributing over an extended period of time have grow apart from the community sadly.

Unfortunately PGD has become a community of consumers rather than contributors for the most part.

By all means start an IRC channel or some other way to try to build the community at large, but unless you plan on staking your efforts into something that the majority will join in on and you plan on putting a lot of effort into, you'll probably end up wasting your time in the long run.

Notice many news posts on the front page lately? That's because I stopped. I've been too busy with family and my own commercial efforts lately so I've had to let the contributions to the community slip a bit. Sadly this means that everything slips because noone else puts in the required time and effort. (Save for the few that have been helping to keep the "invisible" spam away and welcoming newcomers. Thank you very much btw!!!)

If you really want to help the community, I'd invest in this place more. News, striking up design/development topics and talking about them in the forums, regualr blogs with imagery and video embedding (that's why I bought vBulletin for the community!) volunteering to run an event like a PGD Challenge. (There is lots of information on how, it just takes the time and effort.)