Thread: Chat?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ņuņo, while I know how to use IRC, I dunno how to make channels. So if you know, maybe you could make one, perhaps on freenode, then post channel name and server name in new topic and let WILL pin that? I think it would be good enough.

That's a start. I'm now on channel #pascalgamedev in FreeNode irc, using NetTalk client. Chose that 'cause it's free and lightweight, with relatively good features.
    Server: chat.freenode.net
    Room: #pascalgamedev
    It's simple command /join #pascalgamedev
    If there's nobody on the channel, then it's automatically created and you might get moderator status. At least you can register your nickname by following guides you get from:
    /msg NickServ HELP

You can also try http://webchat.freenode.net/
    Last edited by User137; 29-06-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Yeah, I know about that - but when no one is on someone may take over channel. To protect channel from that would involve setting up IRC bots and that's outside of my capabilities. Anyway, I don't have time to be channel operator so someone else should be.

IIRC you could register the channel just like the nickname (but it might have been on another network). I'll join tomorrow.

I think Freenode support ChanServ (that's name of this service), but as you said it's network-specific. Some networks has it some doesn't. Anyway, I've tried to make channel for my site (now R.I.P.) few years ago and couldn't get ChanServ to work properly, though it was on Quakenet or esper.

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    I'm getting deja vu...
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
    I'm getting deja vu...
    Meaning unknown. Requesting explanation.