Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ProjectALA

Blog Entries

ProjectALA

I was playing with the FPCBot that Almidor, Pepe_Le_Pew and FPC_fan on #fpc are working on. And a few things came to my mind.

1) The AI should be able to make some distinction between a question "?" or a stamement or remark. "." and "!"

2) Some control must be laid out as to what can and cannot be said to the AI's learning routeen. ie. have it turn learn mode on and off will have some effect in improving it's learning pattern? For those of you that have kids, how many times do you have to watch what you say or what others say around them? And how much do you pay for it later when you cannot get them to 'un-learn' some really dumb thing?

3) The human brain has many layers of though. You have your logical brain that is very aware and is very active and easily manipulated. Then there is your more evolved and more sub-concious layers where it is relying on more instinct that concious deduction. If an AI is to truely have some thoughts towards what it is going to say, it may pay to have such layering in it's 'descition process'.

4) There is no punishment/reward system in a markov table. Which means that the two behave very differently. SO this may aid in a layer effect. The older layers of the brain that act as a concious... evolve this over time and it may be of some use rather than a babbling idiot. Then again a few 'private' english and grammar lessons would be required.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

ProjectALA

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
    Programming Post, rec.games.roguelike.development
    You know, apart from these forums, this is the one sure thing on my daily must read list. I've been a lurker for the last ten years, never even posted once :roll: , but lots of ideas and knowledge to harvest. Very smart people there.

Sorry for the OT, but if you do not subscribe to r.g.r.d you ought to
    I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence. - G.B. Trudeau

ProjectALA

Sounds a lot like Niall. I used to play with an implementation of Niall on the Amiga back in the early 90's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12