Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: awful - script interpreter

Why not just change main menu acordingly (simulate tree like structure). You would always expect aditional filters if any directly under the Download text itself.
    Also adding Download links on game/program description pages would be usefull.

I must admit that I also couldn't get to programs download link. Even after reading your post it took me some time to figure it out.
    The problem is that both main menu and submenu shape is the same therefore they seem to be of equal importance and look more like two seperate section of the main menu.

Yes, you should rethink it. SilverWarrior's suggestion should work. Now it's quite confusing.

I'll take a look.
    No signature provided yet.

As I'm still slowly improving this project, I have published today yet another release - v.0.4.3 (rev. 34). Since v.0.4.0 I've had some optimisation done, fixes in the parser, and a native UTF-8 type introduced.

If anyone's interested enough to take a look, please share any opinions and suggestions, I'd appreciate those.

Version 0.5.0 / revision 36
    Added support for file handling and some hash routines. As usual, you can use the links in the first post to obtain the new release.

Version 0.5.2 / revision 38
    The project is one year old today! It's been exactly a year since I wrote the first lines of code. So, to celebrate, another release.

Above chart illustrates improvements in interpreter performance. Tests performed:
    fibon: calculate the 1M Fibonacci number (of course, the variable wraps around a zillion times)
    hypotenuse: calculate distance from (0,0) for each point between (-350,-350) and (+350,+350)
    prime: search for prime numbers in <1,1M> range using the Sieve of Eratosthenes
    quicksort: fill an array with 1M random values and sort them.
    Each test was performed 12 times; shortest and longest times were discarded, the rest used to calculate average time.

After a lot of tinkering, I was finally able to integrate DokuWiki into my site. I'd be happy if anyone could spare a while, browse through some pages and report any errors found. Also, somewhen in this week awful r.39 should be released.

Go to wiki -> click

Blog Entries
    Hey super, I quite like what you've done with the site and I must say the performance gains look really good. Is there any news on whether the source code will be released at some point? I have my own scripting languages for my projects and they have a similar name but in contrast mine are pretty satanic compared to just terrible... Did I mention how loops break, ifs and branching is a multi-line deal, there are no comments, quotes break often and other such features?

Looking at awful, if the source was opened I'd be very tempted to make the move...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I'd like to eventually make the project open source, but the soonest this can happen is somewhere during the summer - right now I have a lot of work due to the end of semester at uni - y'know, assignments, projects, exams... Of course, I could just pack the files and hurl them out, but well, there's some cleaning up to do and a lot of comments to add.

Version 0.5.5 / revision 41
    Project re-released under zlib w/acknowledgement license. Massive code overhaul. Fixed GET/POST/COOKIE parsing in CGI unit and HTTP header manging. Fixed output straight to stdout by :arr-print when in CGI mode. Added argument number info to expression and changed eval() accordingly. Made eval() heavily use file includes. Fixed many smaller bugs.

If anyone's interested, you can view it on GitHub: https://github.com/suve/awful/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12