Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
The SpeedHack competition uses the Rule-o-matic (on the left), a database with lots of themes and ideas and builds the contest rules...
That could be pretty fun. It could result in some interesting games.

I was also one of the guys talking about an AI competition but I fully understand that it may not be PGD Challenge compatible.

So I'm going to suggest a theme I suggested a few years back for one of the PGD Annuals.
How about "Your Country" as a theme. Make a game which you feel relates to your own country.
You can go with stereotypes and for instance make a game about The Pizza and Ferrari Mafia if you're from Italy or maybe be more serious and make a game about Volta, Galilei and or da Vinci.
Basically anything goes as long as you can justify that it relates to your own country.

Pros:
You can pretty much make any kind of game and are not limited in game mechanics.
You should be somewhat knowledgeable about the theme.
Other uses may learn and discover new things about your country.

Cons:
There aren't any
This is purely a design theme. It doesn't address any game mechanic requirements.
As a design theme it may lead people down the wrong road where they focus more on gfx and other game assets in stead of writing a game. Since this is a forum mostly occupied by programmers this could be a problem for some.