Hi Firlefanz,

I'm looking to meet game developers to possibly collaborate with on upcoming projects. I would like to maintain a professional level of quality, but I know there are a bunch of 'professional' hobbyists out there with other jobs, so that's fine, too.

In terms of payment, it all depends how cool the project is, how much time it will require of me, etc. I have no problem licensing my music for free if it's a cool project and isn't going to take up a lot of my time. But, if it's a commercial project with a "real" budget, then I would like to get paid reasonably for my time.

I'm also just curious to talk to other people in field and see what they look for in soundtrack music. Obviously it must meet some basic requirements like not being too distracting from whatever action is taking place on-screen, but what else does a music director (or whomever is choosing music for a game) look for?

I guess for me, I just try to make the audio congruent with the visuals. If the visual aspect of the production is very clean and 'light,' then I don't want dark, heavy music to accompany it. No, I would try to make the sound quality appropriate for the project.

Thanks for your interest! I'm curious to hear your thoughts, questions etc.