Thread: (German) Delphi 7 for cheap

(German) Delphi 7 for cheap

I just received the latest Borland Newsletters for german customers and it includes a very tempting offer. For many (including me) Delphi 7 is far better than it's successors (Delphi 8 was only .NET and Delphi 2005's IDE isn't liked by many) and at least Borland Germany now gives you the opportunity to get the bigger Versions (Pro and Enterprise) of Delphi 7 for strong lowered prices :

<ul>[*]Delphi 7 [bGDN]Professional[/bGDN] for 277?¢,¬¨ (instead of 999?¢,¬¨)[*]Delphi 7 [bGDN]Enterprise[/bGDN] for 777?¢,¬¨ (instead of 2099?¢,¬¨)[/list]

Note that the prices are all [iGDN]netto[/iGDN], so for D7 Pro you have to pay around 312?¢,¬¨ in the end (customers inside the EU). Also note that these are the prices for the [iGDN]downloadable[/iGDN] Versions of D7. But nonetheless those offers are tempting, especially since D7 is a great IDE and you can also update to newer versions.

More information can be found in the current Newsletter (just in case you're not registered).

Hi,

as an owner of Delphi 6 Enterprise Edition I ask myself if D7 offers enough advancements to consider it a must have. Has anyone worked with both versions so he can give me some clues?

Thanks
    IaxFenris

Sounds very tempting. But what about the language? Is it German as well or am I able to order English versions too?

@IaxFenris:
    I used D6 before D7, and basically there weren't any real interesting changes. So you should stick to D6.

@Traveler:
    In the shop it says that the language version is german, and there is no option to change it. But maybe someone who is receiving an english or american newsletter from Borland has gotten the same offer for an english version?

Anyone know if these are full commercial licenses?