Hey everyone! So I just finished talking with Embarcadero's new Lead Evangelist, Jim McKeeth.

It was mostly pleasantries until we started talking about you know what. Not that the conversation got bad or anything, rather the opposite. In short there were two cool things concerning you guys that came out of it.

1. Adding some PGD community members to Embarcadero's MVP Program
  2. He suggested that we create a little workgroup among himself and David I. with myself and a select few people from the PGD community

In short the small workgroup would discuss what we, the community, really need as game developers from Delphi. You all know my misgivings and what I've been hollering for for years. Are your thoughts in line with mine, do you have specific needs for your game projects. Do we need or like FireMonkey? Do we like where the mobile compilers are going? Do we need specific IDEs or other tools that aren't with the suite right now. How about bundling of "editions"?

The idea is not to turn this into a rant or a hate-fest. There is lots of that around the web already. I would like this thread to be a bit more constructive than that. And not another price debate either. (That's going nowhere!) Lets focus on what things it should include and

So lets talk about what your dream Delphi would be. What would be what you want and don't want or need?

For my money, I don't need all those visual components or database components or big business reports stuff in fact not even a visual form designer. Get me into OpenGL or whatver other graphics API I'm using and I'm good, I'll take it from here. I also would like to run it on Windows or Mac OS X without having to hook up all these annoying server apps that take a lot of configuring and other nonsense. That's me.

So what is your opinion?

And if you haven't voted in this oppinion poll yet, please do! http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...-at-a-Low-Cost