Thread: Open discussion: What game devs need from Delphi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Oh sorry I mean I thought that my comment sounded confrontational

I agree with your point that mass multiplayer, web based and certain other server based scenarios would make greater use of the VCL.

Perhaps that's something that Em. could concider - a lot of Delphi strengths lend well to game server scenarios being that they can be similar in requirements to database/web applications.

They are well positioned to push that angle, a few comprehensive working samples, making good use of the VCL, geared towards such things wouldn't break the bank. It's right up their street and there's definitely a market.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

I must say ... i totaly agree with sascha thoughts...

If emb want to catch Lazarus/FPC it must create a Delphi7 cross platform IDE with the latest OpenGL,Sound,NetPlay,Input Headers with no BullS@#$t licenses and have a minimux community forum with IDIE developers...

Then i think a lot of people come back and soon money from this stage fill the emb pockets...

Thank you...
    Last edited by azrael11; 28-07-2013 at 08:36 PM.

oh wait, they could also release free, stripped 'basic' edition and then 'pro' version with rebranded GLScene components for 2k euros