Thread: BareGame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BareGame

Sorry, I am posting with my tablet, so there might be some errors... .But now on topic: have you ever heard of baregame? You can find it here: www.baregame.org
    I wonder why those guy did not post on PGD about his engine.
    I found it searching for SDL2 and Pascal. Loks pretty interesting.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Based on the fact that website has been registered just about 4 months ago it seems this is something new.
    So great find

Now I have no clue why they didn't make any contact with our comunity.

Interesting... Downloading now and will post at their forum about our site. Maybe they didn't know.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the source repro at Github comes with a complete SDL2 header. https://github.com/sysrpl/Bare.Game
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know who the author of these tools are? They aren't taking credit for it on their website. No about page.

They state that OUYA is a supported platform and list a lot of resources that interact within the PGD community so I'd be surprised if they didn't know about us.

I like what I see so far. Very nice use of media for support of their frameworks.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Okay Will, here is another quick and dirty video. This is the easings demo which shows how a function prototype is used to animate properties of objects. It also highlights how 2D vector graphics can be rendered transformed in 3D space if so desired.

Code:
    type 
      TEasing = function(Percent: Float): Float;

TEasings = class(TDictionary<string, TEasing>)
      protected
        {doc off}
        function DefaultValue: TEasing; override;
      public
        procedure RegisterDefaults;
        {doc on}
      end;   

class function TEasingDefaults.Linear(Percent: Float): Float;
    begin
      Result := Percent;
    end;

class function TEasingDefaults.Easy(Percent: Float): Float;
    begin
      Result := Percent * Percent * (3 - 2 * Percent);
    end;

class function TEasingDefaults.Boing(Percent: Float): Float;
    begin
      Percent := Power(Percent, 1.5);
      Result := Sin(PI * Power(Percent, 2) * 20 - PI / 2) / 4;
      Result := Result * (1 - Percent) + 1;
      if Percent < 0.2 then
        Result := Result * Easy(Percent / 0.2);
    end;

You can add your own easings by simply writing Easings.Add('MyCustomEasingName', MyCustomEasingFunc). You can animate an property by writing:

Code:
    Animations.Add(MySprite.Angle, 90)
      .Easing('MyCustomEasingName')
      .Duration(0.75)
      .Looping(loopReverse, loopInfinite)
    Which causes MySprite to spin on it's Z axis from its current angle to 90 in 0.75 seconds using 'MyCustomEasingName' to interpolate the angle over the animation time frame. The animation will loop infinitely reversing itself every 0.75 seconds until the Angle property is issued a different animation or removed by writing Animations.Remove(MySprite.Angle). Animations can be reused by using a Storyboard class.

Most every world object has animatable properties. Canvas Brush can animate the width, texture coords, colors, gradient stop locations. Camera position, direction, and field of view can be animated. Sprite color, origin, size, position, scale, and rotation can be animated. Even sound bank volume and 3D space position can be animated. ect

looks impressive, definitely will try it out

Just reported bunch of spam messages on BG forums. If I'd be mod there, I could do more.