How much would you pay for this product based on the below feature set and packaging? Is $199--same cost as Delphi Starter--a good price?
I'm looking to get some good feedback to present a proper "business case" to prove that this would be a good product and something that people would actually invest in if treated the right way.
Delphi Light Edition which includes the following:
- Native Compiler/Linker
- Debugging Tools
- IDE Standard with Full featured Code Editor (no Form Designer!) w/ Refactoring, highlighting, look-up, navigation, etc.
- Full RTL (minus Component stuff)
- Probably included: Indy and XML libraries
- Possible bundles/products: Delphi Light for Windows, Delphi Light for Mac* & Delphi Light for Linux*
* Plus or minus IDEs for these versions until later (command-line compiler only until then)...
Things NOT included:
- No license limitation on earn-able profits! (no strings attached!)
- VLC or any "components framework" (TComponent or TDataSet or any of it's children)
- DB Components or any other business related component stuff (you can use other 3rd party libraries)
- Form Designer (just the Code Editor!)
The key points of this theoretical edition is no components concept, low cost, but NO strings attached. You can use whatever 3rd party libraries, just like other tools. You can make as much profit with it as you are able. They sky is the limit. You still get the same quality of tools as you got before, it's just lighter.