Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Invisible links in topics

Invisible links in topics

Robert, the lines you specified are already in the css. The problem lies elsewhere. I worked with WILL on the styling of the site and it's a bit more work than just adding a few lines to the css file. The problem is that if you add a random link without tags like so http://www.google.com , the link appears in yellow (the default link color). However if you use tags , it appears without an underline http://www.google.com. We need a solution that solves both situations. Unfortunately this requires more work than just a few lines in a css file.

For now, best thing is to use the solution Paulius mentioned.

http://google.com/ - is a normal link.
    http://google.com/ - is a 'postlink' class.

I looked in the stylesheet, and the lines I specified are not, I repeat, are not in it. Put this in there:

Code:
    .postbody { font-size : 12px;} /* FIND THIS */
    a.postlink:link	{ text-decoration: none; color : #151516 }
    a.postlink:visited { text-decoration: none; color : #151516; }
    a.postlink:hover { text-decoration: underline; color : #595A5B;}

/* ADD THIS: */
    postbody > a:link {  color: #151516 ; }
    postbody > a:hover {  color: #595A5B; }
    postbody > a:visited {  color: #151516 ; }
    postbody > a:active {  color: #595A5B; }
    Explanation:

"postbody >" means 'find the element "postbody" and then the subelement specified'. Thus all normal links within the "postbody" element would change to the "postlink" style. Try it, trust me. If you don't believe me, then I'll quote the CSS source for you, it AIN'T in there.

Your solution does not appear to work in internet explorer.

Did you put it in the IE CSS file or the "subSilver.css" one? It'll work in FF, but you'll need a different method for IE. I can't remember the other method at the moment.

OK after some rooting around, I think I have a link combination that looks identical in both. I hope you've noticed the change and that it is for the better.

The first change was to find...
    /* General font families for common tags */

In this section I changed the a:link, active and vistied colour to the ones associated with a.postlink:link. I also changed a:hover colour to match the one associated with a.postlink:hover.

With the colours sorted I simply added a a.postlink:active tag as it appeared to be missing. Hence now both forms of tagging should render identically.

Could everyone confirm that all forum links are now ok.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

OK just noticed that this now breaks the text colour in the news ticker. I think the forum links are more important for now, but will try and fix this news ticker, later today.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Traveller, do you know how the NewsBar/ticker above works? I'm trying to track down where the Javascript is being generated from so I can change the link colour info, but I could not spot it.

Any hints/help welcome.

Very odd, works in IE but not FF. I think I mixed XML CSS tags up with "normal" CSS... Gimme a few to look stuff up.

My version of the site is pretty old, but if WILL has left the file alone then the script should be in \templates\subSilver\overall_header.tpl

Yes it is that file, but I'm not sure where the VLINK macro is being created/stored. I'm thinking of changing the background colour of the led as a quick fix.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast