Quote Originally Posted by Almindor
This can be fixed. make LCL_PLATFORM="gtk2" now produces rather nice looking gtk2/gnome IDE. Problem is that it still has that stupid refresh/speed bug. I'm really angry nobody(including my lazy ass) looked at that yet.
Yes, I've tried it, too, and I've also experienced that refresh/lag bug. Maybe they've fixed a few things since, but I also found some problems with some of the preferences windows and controls when I compiled it with the gtk2 widget set.

You can configure Lazarus as you wish.
Yes, I see WILL mentioned this as well.

Ofcourse It's your choice. I just think most people don't know what lazarus is capable of and how lightweight it manages to be with all those features. For example I bet you have no idea what ctrl+shift+c does I urge you to try it!
I didn't know about that. I just tried it and it adds an identifying comment to the top of a class in the interface section. Is that right? That's neat fluff.

Of course the other nice thing about my current IDE is that it also does C/C++, LaTeX, HTML, which are 3 languages that I use fairly frequently, so having the one tool for each job is pretty cool. But I reckon I'd switch to Lazarus in the blink of an eye if they could fix up the GTK2 support.