Quote Originally Posted by Frodlou
So... the big question now... which has a debugger comparable to Delphi's?
Lazarus, Lazarus, Lazarus! I used it just as I always have when I programed with Delphi. AND I;'ve been away for almost a month+ so... I can only imagine how much it's improved since I last updated it.

I'd say that the debugging can very easily be compaired to Delphi 7 (as I have the most experience with the earlier mainstream Delphi and not the 2000 series. But, if you highlight some code and right click in the Editor you'll see some nice refactoring options right there much like what I saw in 2005! I don't know if it's implimented yet, I've not tried it myself (yeah yeah, call me chicken. )), but from the looks of things Lazarus is starting to come to a point where it'll be just as good as if you cracked open Delphi and started coding the exact same way.

Eventually such things as the filesize issue and whatever other quirks will get worked out. There might even be room for a Game Development version in the near future!

BTW... how do you get yourself off that darn mantius bug report mailing list? I think I might have accidentally put myself as a developer or something. My inbox is consistantly flooded with bug reports and all the problems Lazarus has. :roll: Nice to know, but damn inconvenient to be shoved into my inbox.

:lol: If I don't get off this mailing list soon, I'm gonna have to write a full review of Lazarus soon.