Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
I didn't know that some libraries actually demmand annonymus classes in Java. But then again I do try to stay away from Java as I don't like its syntax. And now I also think I wouldn't like some approaches that are used in Java.
Well they don't demand you to use anonymous classes. You can always get by with making traditional classes. It is just a **** of a lot more convenient to use anonymous classes in some cases.

I wasn't a big fan of this design approach when I first met it but I suppose I've gotten used to it by now. If I was designing an API for Pascal compilers I certainly wouldn't require the user to create a bunch of classes implementing interfaces with one or two methods in it. But for Java this has become a design approach used by many. I guess it has something to do with the mantra that everything must be a class and in stead of letting people extend large classes just to implement one method they let them implement a small interface which they can then pass as an argument.

Anyway there are many advantages using the Java RT imo, especially when I can use Oxygene in stead of Java, so this curious design pattern isn't going to stop me from using Oxygene. Not even if I have to create a bunch of small classes with only one method in them